Due to the increased transmission in the community of Covid-19 we have taken the decision that all staff will now wear visors at drop off and pick up times to ensure their safety and yours.
Could we please ask that all parents wear face coverings when approaching the gate to help protect staff and other Pre School families.
We would just like to remind you that in order to adhere to social distancing that only one parent may drop off and collect their child from Pre School.
Thank you for your continued support in helping keep Pre School Covid secure.
Notice of AGM
Returning to Pre School Letter
We are really looking forward to welcoming our older children back on Monday 7th September and our new starters from Monday 14th September.
First and foremost, we wish to reassure you that the safety of your child and our staff is our top priority. We have used the latest government guidance to update our coronavirus risk assessment (attached) to minimise the risk from coronavirus and used this to develop and implement our new way of working. Please review the attached risk assessment so that you can understand the actions we are taking and those we need you to take.
In particular we need you to:
· Follow self-isolation guidance if your child or another member of your household, show signs of coronavirus symptoms (fever, loss or change to their sense of taste or smell or a persistent cough)
· Get a test for anyone who shows symptoms of coronavirus and let us know the results of any coronavirus tests as soon as you can so that we can take the appropriate actions at preschool to protect the other families
· Follow self-isolation guidance if your child or another member of your household have tested positive for coronavirus
· Follow self-isolation guidance for your child if you have been contacted by the NHS test and trace service and asked to self-isolate, and seek a test if that person subsequently shows symptoms of coronavirus (and let us know the results)
· Please email preschool at Swanwick.email@example.com even on a day your child does not normally attend to let us know if your child has developed coronavirus symptoms, or has had to enter self-isolation for other reasons
· We request that only one person drop off and collect your child from the gate to assist in socially distancing at the entrance (on your child’s first session two parents can attend)
· We ask that parents and carers should physically distance from staff and each other when dropping off and collecting children.
· Consider how you will arrive at preschool, the government advice is to walk or use private transport in preference to public transport, but public transport is acceptable if that is necessary
· Minimise the number of settings you use for the care of your child
On the first session for any new starter, please remember to bring a photograph of their parents and anyone else who may be collecting them to enable us to hand over your child safely at the end of the session. If you could fill in the name badge that will really help us on the first day.
If you have any concerns about your child returning to Pre School or starting please email Lynda Wardle our Pre School manager on the above email and she will get back to you as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Term dates 20/21
End of term
Return from Covid
Covid Closure and Keyworker Children
Key worker children
- Children with a named social worker (this means children who are subject to child protection plans, children in need and those in care)
- Children who have an education and health care plan (EHCP)
- Children of key workers. The government has defined those as teachers, teaching assistants supporting those with EHCP’s, health workers, social care workers (both children’s services and adult services), blue light services and those who provide vital logistical supplies (e.g. delivery drivers). Consideration will also be given to children of local shop owners who provide vital links to ensuring the continuity of supplies for the local community and those children of school staff
- Please see the revised list for further detailshttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
World Book Day
Thursday 5th March
If your child wants to dress up as their favourite character from a book they are welcome to.